Professor in Academy of Fine Arts, Tsinghua University
Associate Head of Leading Group for Preparation of Arts Museum at Tsinghua University, and Director of preparatory office
Served as: Assistant Dean of Academy of Fine Arts, Tsinghua University
Member of Art Education Committee in the Ministry of Education
Secretary-general of Art Instruction Group of Higher Education Self-Study Examinations Committee, Ministry of Education
Standing Director of China Gift Association
Member of China Artists Association
Senior Consultant in Shanghai Science and Art Society
Senior Consultant at Sichuan Science and Technology Museum
From 1978 to 1982, graduated from Central Academy of Art and Design with a bachelor degree
From 1982 to 1986, served in Shaanxi Arts and Crafts Company, Secretary-General of Arts and Crafts Society of Shaanxi Province
From 1987 to 1999 served as deputy director and director of Academy Office of Central Academy of Art and Design
From 1992 to 1997 admitted to the Central Academy of Art and Design as on-job PhD candidate, received a doctorate of literature.
From 2000 to 2001, served as assistant dean of Academy of Fine Arts at Tsinghua University and director of the Faculty Office
From 2002 to July 2008, served as associate dean of Academy of Fine Arts, Tsinghua University
From July 2008 till now, serves as Associate Head of Leading Group for Preparation of Arts Museum at Tsinghua University, and Director of preparatory office
Painting Creation and Study on Fine Arts Theory
Major Papers and Works
1. The Creative Value Solidified in the History, Decoration, 1991 (2)
2. Recalling the Creation of Large-scale Ceramic Mural Painting in Hyatt Regency Xi'an, Decoration, 1991 (3)
3. Last Memory of Mr. Kang Shiyao, Source of Beauty, China Travel & Tourism Press, 1993.
4. Two Miscible Worlds of Arts and Science, Theses of Art and Design of Central Academy of Art and Design, Beijing Arts and Crafts Publishing House, 1996: 85-89.
5. Thought on Art and Taoism –Reflections on Bronze Technology, Theses of Study on Art and Design, Beijing Arts and Crafts Publishing House, 1998: 291-303.
6. The Significance of “Cultural Relics” and “Text” in Science of Art and Decoration, Decoration, 1999 (3): 66-68.
7. Concentrating while Casting Life, Research Collection of Contemporary Artist and Painting Style, Henan Fine Arts Publishing House, 1999: 115-123.
8. Walking into the Realm of Art and Science Creation, Decoration, 2001 (3): 20-22.
9. Opening Eyes of Human Wisdom, Art Observation, 2001 (6): 21.
10. Understanding Principle of All Matter, Expressing Principle of Life, Science, 2001 (4): 39-40.
11. Creation Consciousness and Prose Career of Lei Jia, Life and Beauty—The research collection of Lei Jia, The Writers Publishing House, 2001: 173-189.
12. Philosophical Ideas Influencing the Art Form of the 20th Century, Art Observation, 2001 (10).
13. Searching and Interpreting Concept of “Art Culture”, Study of Chinese Arts and Crafts, China Photographic Publishing House, 2001
14. Tang Xuxiang with His Ink and Wash Paintings and Metal Art Works, Decoration, 2003 (10)
15. The Poetic Dance of Pen and Ink –Calligraphy of Zhang Xingbin, Guangming Daily, March 28, 2004: Page 4
16. Public Declaration of “Privacy” –Writing before the Zheng Ning Ceramic Works Exhibition, Decoration, 2004 (12)
17. Poetic Landscape –Chen Hui and His Paintings, Journal of Art and Literature, December 16. 2004 Fine Arts Special Issue: Page 7; reprinted by many media
18. Zhang Ding: The Pride of Chinese Art Circles, Journal of Art and Literature, April 9, 2005 Fine Arts Special Issue: Page Five, Eight and Six; Guangming Daily, January 1, 2006: Page 4; Abstract was reprinted by China Education Daily, World of Chinese Painting and Calligraphy, March 2010, Issue 138
20. Rationality, Emotion and Wisdom –Yang Yongshan and his “Plastic Art of Pottery and Porcelain”, Decoration, 2005 (8)
21. Poetic Ink, Transcendental Realm –Preface of Fang Jizhong Paintings Collection, Rongbaozhai Publishing House, 2006; Abstract was reprinted by Guangming Daily, March 2010
22. Art of Heaven and Earth, Principle of All Matter –Drawing after Reading Mr. Li Zhengdao Essay, Guangming Daily, November 26, 2006, Page 4
23. Breaking Conventions, Inexhaustible Wonderlands –Reading 2006 New Works by Mr. Wu Guanzhong, Guangming Daily, January 28, 2006: Page 4
24. Dry Brush and Colorful Drawing –Watercolour Art of Wang Zhaomin, Guangming Daily, September 16, 2007: Page 4
25. Memorial Wreath, A Singer of the Time-To Commemorate Lei Jia, The Writers Publishing House, April 2010, First Edition
26. A Memorial Ceremony of the Heart –Salute to Artist of the People Mr. Wu Guanzhong, Eternal Commemoration, Hunan Fine Arts Publishing House, August 2010, First Edition
Creation and Exhibition
1989 Ink Painting Art Solo Exhibition in Munich, Germany
2000 Ink Painting of Snow over Nanguan, displayed in China, Japan, Korea-Three Countries Professors' Exhibition
2001 Sculpture “Principle of All Matter” to express particle collision and material composition created by collaborating with Professor Li Zhengdao, a renowned scientist and Nobel Laureate; Sculpture “Principle of Life” to express protein gene structure and conception in life created in collaboration with Professor Wu Guanzhong, a famous Artist; two pieces of works displayed in the Exhibition of International Works on Art and Science held in National Art Museum of China and won Award for the Supreme Works . “Principle of All Matter” is now placed in Institute of High Energy Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, and “Principle of Life” is now placed in Tsinghua University.
2002 Ink and wash painting Cloud over Qinling Ridge, displayed in Teachers Works Exhibition of Academy of Fine Arts, Tsinghua University
2003 Oil painting City Night, displayed in Teachers Works Exhibition of Academy of Fine Arts, Tsinghua University
2003 Oil painting City Night, displayed in China Painting Exhibition held in Kuwait by China Arts & Entertainment Group, Ministry of Culture
2004 Ink and wash painting Cloud over Qinling Ridge, displayed in the Exhibition of Academy of Fine Arts of Tsinghua University in Tokyo, Japan
2005 Ink and wash painting Qilian Mountain displayed in Teachers Works Exhibition of Academy of Fine Arts, Tsinghua University
2006 Ink and wash painting Autumn Water displayed in Teachers Works Exhibition of Academy of Fine Arts, Tsinghua University