Tian Qing Professor BA PhD Supervisor
Director of China Home Textile Association
Vice president of Designer Branch of China Home Textile Association;
Director of China Fashion & Color Association;
Director of China Textile and Apparel Education Institute
Traditional Textile Art
Traditional Textile Art is a symbol of the times and a symbol of the nation, rather than the stale burden and something existing only in museums. It is eternal as it advances with the times and has endless development.
Tradition and modernity, tradition and technology, and tradition and future are the eternal theme of human studies. Chinese traditional textile art, in particular, has a glorious history, brilliant culture and the theoretical concept of sustainable development. It is our duty and responsibility to study, inherit, innovate, and develop it.
It is every design professional's duty to combine teaching and promote the national culture, inherit and innovate traditions, cultivate compound talents with both national and international characters, and cultivate design talents with originality and comprehensive strength.
Academic research projects undertaken in the past five years:
1. Prosperous and Full Guests carpet design, Division of Administration of the State Council, Project Leader, 2005.
2. Harmony, Prosperity carpet design, Division of Administration of the State Council, Project Leader, 2007-2008
3. Study on Color and Chinese Textile, China Fashion & Color Association, China Association of Science, Project Leader, 2008-2009
4. History of the Chinese Patterns, Higher Education Press, 2004
5. Research on Inheritance of Traditional Chinese Plant Dyeing, Tsinghua Academy of Fine Arts "Qipai" project, Project Leader, 2010-2011
Major Academic Papers:
1. " Chinese Plangi Art", Collected Papers of Sixth International Textile Plangi Symposium 2005, Japan, 2005, published in different languages like Japanese, English, etc.; Collected Papers of Teachers of Academy of Fine Arts of Tsinghua, Decoration special number; Award for Outstanding Papers of National Textile Design Competition, 2006;
2. "Culture - Soul of Textile Design", Decoration, 2003, total No.125; Collected Papers of the Second China Home Textile Design and Development Forum p. 60; Extracted by China Textile News and added with Editor's note;
3. "Aesthetics - a Comprehensive Representation of Modern Textile Design", Collected Papers of China International Home Textiles Development Forum, 2003, p. 288; Collection of Awarded Works of China International Home Textiles Design Competition, China Textile Press, 2003, p. 180; Bronze certificate, trophy for papers of the first China International Home Textiles Design Competition;
4. "On Popular Colors", Collected Excellent Papers of First Asian Color Forum, p. 65, China Fashion & Color Association, 2004;
5. "Love - the Driving Force for Textile Design", 2008 the Eighth National Textile Design Contest & Theoretical Symposium, p. 41.
History of Chinese Patterns, Higher Education Press, 2004, 14th National Book Award;
Dream, Third Teachers' Work Exhibition of Academy of Fine Arts, Tsinghua University, 2004, Gold Medal;
Aesthetics - a Comprehensive Representation of Modern Textile Design, Bronze medal for papers of the first China International Home Textiles Design Competition;
Creation of Art Design Educational System, from Major Textile Country to Textile Country, Teaching Achievement Award of Tsinghua University, 2004;
Water-like Love - Love Reflected in Textile, Award for Outstanding Papers of China's Textile and Apparel Education Institute;
Harmony between Man and Nature, "Academy Award", the highest award of the fifth "Exhibition of China's Modern Manual Arts”, 2009;
She also won National Award for Outstanding Gardener, Award for Promoting Art Design and many other awards for her contribution to the textile industry
Major basis: Weaving Craft
Major design: Weaving Art and Design, Interior Textile Design
Postgraduate courses: Applied Textile Art Design